The Sprouts Program is designed for children who have completed grades 1-3. We focus on the child’s development of lifelong skills through fun and unique experiences in a community that encourages compassion and respect for self, others, and the environment. It is our vision to empower their young minds for servant leadership and innovative thinking for today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Focusing on one of the revolving four key themes, our speaker sessions and workshops are designed by our dedicated Sprouts Staff to educate our campers on the fundamental ideas and help:
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for our Sprouts campers.
- Guide them in their journey to self discovery to cultivate and empower their sense of self.
- Identify ways in which they can provide support to their peers, parents, friends, and their community.
- Broaden camper perspectives through meeting and learning from people with different backgrounds and interests.
- Explore and learn about their Taiwanese identity through guided cultural workshops.
Sprouts are divided into small groups consisting of 5 to 7 campers and led by at least 2 counselors.
Sprouts have fun-filled days at TAF that include but are not limited to the daily activities below!
- Speaker Session – Morning sessions with the speaker that centers around learning one of the four revolving themes of the year.
- Swing Choir (Dance) & Choir – Dancing and singing sessions that are practiced daily and performed at TAF Night
- Workshops – Daily activities planned and run by our Sprouts counselors such as crafts, physical activities, cultural workshops, and more!
- Family (Big/Lil sib) Time – A chance for your camper to pair with one of the older campers and take part in camp-wide inter-programming with their family group.
- Small Group Time – Sessions led by their designated counselors to reflect on the lesson taught that day, write sib letters, and bond small group members
- PD/PA Time – Curated time for campers to get to know their PDs and PA better while completing a week long project to showcase at the end of the week.
- “Wash Yo’ Self” – Lights-out festivities including showering, brushing teeth, and calling the parents to ease the bouts of homesickness
The Sprouts Program is an opportunity for our youngest campers to venture outside their comfort zones for the first time. These novel experiences foster personal growth and allow us to celebrate a sense of accomplishment at the end of the week. Through play, we offer our campers the opportunity to practice teamwork, conflict resolution, and feel a sense of community.