WELCOME TO TAF 2020, FROM YOUR Labs PDS!
Our goal for Labs is to provide a safe space to discuss Asian American issues with peers, develop personal and professional growth, and be a supportive network throughout the year. To that extent, we are planning on hosting creative workshops, round-table discussions, panels on Asian American issues, and support TAF related projects.
Everyone is welcomed to join our TAF 2020 activities — staff, alumni, parents, etc.
To participate, please register for TAF Online at registration.tafworld.org by July 22! Although you do not have to attend every workshop (you can pick and choose what you’re interested in), by registering you will be added to our distribution list so that you can stay up to date on upcoming programming throughout TAF Online and the rest of the year. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun things we have planned!
Please reach out with any questions or comments by emailing us at email@example.com.
Our programming will kick off with everyone else on July 24. After that, our weekends will consist of project time for Labs members, Sunday night workshops, and a variety of events throughout the week that everyone is welcome to join. To participate, first register for TAF 2020 at registration.tafworld.org to get signed up for updates on tafLabs activities.
Our featured workshops below will require signing up separately through Zoom! Save the date for our TAF alumni guest speakers:
- Hip Hop Dance Class with Sherry Lin 💃 (Graduate Student of Dance at Michigan) Monday, July 27, 7pm CT
- Political Identity with Will Shih (Policy Advisor to Lori Lightfoot, Mayor of Chicago) Sunday, Aug. 2, 7:30-9pm CT
Our other workshops will include:
- Poetry Night 🍃
- Career 101
- Adulting 101
- Gratitude Journaling with JH PD Julianne Tsai 📝
Labs will also have an ongoing series of workshops throughout the year, such as:
- Cook-A-Longs with Harmony Chiu and Karena Lin Woo 🍳🍽🍴🔪
- Movie Nights with Eryn Hong 🎥🎞🎦
- tafLabs Book Club 📚📖📕
- We just finished Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining for the next book!
DIGITAL “PACKING” LIST
To make the most of TAF Online this summer, participants will need access to a computer and a strong internet connection. Some of our activities may also make use of mobile devices, but you will not be required to have one to participate.
UPCOMING PANEL SERIES: August and September 2020
- Mental Health of Asian Americans
- Asian American LGBT Realities
- Model Minority Myths
- Asian American Creatives-Fashion
- Asian American Creatives-Media
- Feminism in Asian America
- Asian American Allyship #BLM